What we do
Since 1996 I have been interested in breast health and breast policy. This interest has now become a crusade to empower women to augment their breast health (instead of their bra size) through breast massage and education.
Where is Joan of Arc when you need her?
"A little health now and again is the ailing person’s [breast] remedy."
— FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, The Wanderer and His Shadow
For every woman, starting in adolescence, to massage her breasts and support her lymph system in the quest for better breast health.
For all women to feel comfortable and knowledgeable when speaking with health care practitioners about their breast care concerns.
To start a breast cancer prevention dialogue. We've had plenty of early detection, but we can - and will! - do better.
What we've achieved & our future goals
- Created our own BoobTube Channel!
- Teaching Breast Massage and Breast Self-Care continuing education classes at the New School of Bodywork Advancement.
- Sold out and started a Breast.Remedy FaceBook page.
- Started Mammoirs: From Breast Scare to Breast Care - a blog on the state of breast affairs.
- Created Breast Practices - a monthly mammarology news-letter.
- In Process: Online breast care courses for clients and professionals.
- Future: Help 100 women achieve Breast Health Pairity by 2017.
- Future: World domination of the co-opted Pink Ribbon campaign. (Don't get me started...)